Are you wanting to create and use videos to grow your business to attract more clients, but still haven't started yet? Maybe you're feeling a little overwhelmed with all the moving parts that it takes to create a video, and you just don't know where to even start.
As I talk to more business owners who want to start using video and those whom I've coached, there is one crucial thing they're missing. The one thing that can help stop the overwhelm and get you focused, started and moving in the right direction is...
A VIDEO STRATEGY.
If you want to use video to grow your business, then JUST START, however imperfect that looks right now. Starting is made easier when you have some guidance and a PLAN.
So this week, I will begin to guide you with Step 1 of the '4 STEPS TO EASY VIDEO CREATION'. It's up to you to create the plan and then work it.
The first step to stopping the overwhelm is to 'CREATE A VIDEO STRATEGY. Understand that using video is only one part of your marketing PLAN. The plan doesn't have to be so enormous that you once again go into overwhelm. Just look ahead far enough to take the next step and make a plan based on that. Whether your plan is a weekly, monthly or quarterly plan isn't important. The main thing is that it's realistic and achievable for you.
STEP 1: CREATE A VIDEO STRATEGY
1. Have an OBJECTIVE.
2. Know who your TARGET MARKET is.
3. What PLATFORM will your video be seen on?
1. HAVE AN OBJECTIVE
Before you pick at your phone or camera, do you know the reason why you want to make a video? Take a look at this list of the most common reasons businesses use video:
* Launch, promote and sell products and services through promotional and branding videos.
* Tell people who they are and what their business is about using an Introductory or Welcome video.
* Create videos to support their Online courses and programs.
* Launch an event, i.e. workshop, trade show, seminar, retreat.
* Build trust and credibility with a Customer Testimonial.
* Educate their customers, i.e. 'How To', Tips & Tricks, Instructions for Use, etc.
* Train Staff or Customers with videos that explain repeatable processes in their business.
* Tell a Story about themselves, their business or their customers with a feature video.
* Engage and educate their audience to build a database, following, or community with valuable content using live and pre-recorded videos, i.e. FB live, Linkedin native video.
So the question is...WHAT DO YOU WANT TO START WITH? Pick one thing and focus on that.
2. KNOW WHO YOUR TARGET MARKET IS
If you don't know yet who your target market or ideal client is, then start working on that. Here are some questions to ask?
* What is my product and/or service and what makes it unique if I was to compare my business model with others in the same industry?
* Who do I want to sell my products and services to? General public/individuals, small or big businesses, government organisations.
* What are their demographics? Age, gender, marital status, income, spending habits, location, etc.
* What are their interests and hobbies? Environment, coffee, shopping, fishing, fitness, social issues, pets, personal development,etc.
* What do they value? Family, success, connection, culture, travel, health, creativity, freedom, etc.
After answering these questions, you should have a pretty good idea about who your target market is. Now when you create the content for your videos, you know who you're talking to specifically and how to say it in a way that speaks to them and connects with them. You may not get it perfect when starting. But keep tweaking and refining your message. You'll know when you've hit on something when you get more and better engagement, leads and interest, which eventually turn into sales.
3. WHAT PLATFORM WILL YOUR VIDEOS BE SEEN ON.
Where is the source of your leads mainly generated from? Where do your customers hang out and engage with you? How do your customers find you?
Here are the main online platforms for business:
* Email Distribution
Something to note is that if you generate leads through face-to-face interaction or networking, inevitably you'll be directing them back to an online platform for more information.
The reason you need to take the platform into account, is because it helps determine what your video looks like in regard to type, style, look and feel, type of content and length of time. There are other factors, but we will talk about that later.
So this week, sit down and make a start on your VIDEO STRATEGY and start working through these three things: Your Objective, Target Market and Platform.
Remember to FOCUS ON ONE THING...ONE OBJECTIVE! Write it down, because you're going to need to know what that is, as we go through the three remaining steps of '4 EASY STEPS TO VIDEO CREATION'.
Next week, I will take you through STEP 2: 3 SIMPLE TOOLS TO MAKE YOUR VIDEO.
If you have any questions that arise through going through the above steps, you can email me at info@truth-seeker-images and I'll be happy to help you.
Have a great week!
--WOULD YOU LIKE MORE HELP AND GUIDANCE IN CREATING VIDEOS? I NOW OFFER ONE-ON-ONE VIDEO COACHING, BOTH ONLINE AND IN-PERSON. YOU CAN FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MY VIDEO COACHING SERVICES HERE.
*Banner image Photo by Gabriel Matula on Unsplash